Monday 21 May 2018

Unboxing my Microsoft MVP award

22:41 Posted by Benitez Here , , , ,
Earlier this month I was awarded by Microsoft as a MVP in Business Solutions. Around the world, there's 200+ Business Solutions MVPs and in Australia there is now 13 MVPs. Being the first female in the Australia/NZ region is an incredible feeling and it was truly a special moment for me when I found out I had been awarded.

*Edit: actually I'm the second, found out there was another female awarded a few years ago. I am currently the only awarded female*

I thought I'd share the moment I opened my Microsoft MVP gift package through a vlog. I hope this inspires others, especially those who have started their journey with Dynamics, PowerBI, PowerApps (list goes on) to share what they know by contributing to the community whether it be a podcast, blog or vlog.

Notable mentions

Andre Margono - one of the nicest and kindest people I've worked with to date. He nominated me last year after our first Dynamics 365 Saturday here in Australia.

Julie Yack, Leon Tribe and Neil Benson - for supporting my nomination.

Sophie Khun-Hammond - I learnt CRM4 from her back in 2009 and she was more than happy to show me the ropes. She is the foundation of my learning and really appreciated her guidance during that period of my career.

Lastly, Ben Hosking - in 2014 I reached out to Ben and said I always wanted to blog and do video blogs but had been afraid to do so. Through his encouragement from the other side of the world, I plucked up the courage to start blogging and vlogging. A little bit of encouragement goes a long way.

Ben, I still have that message if you're reading this. Thank you.


Thanks everyone. More vlogs coming.